Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Restrict the Domain Admin

From: Christos Triantafyllidis <ctria () physics auth gr>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 00:13:53 +0300

sf_mail_sbm () yahoo com wrote:
Hi List,
Is there a way to restrict access of a Domain Admin?
Nope.

Example, can we allow a Dommain admin to do everything EXCEPT user management (e.g. password reset)?
This won't be a "Domain admin"

We want to secure our environment, and do not want to have "ALL-POWERFULL" domain admins around

Thanks for your suggestions

P.S. Environment: Windows (2000 & 2003) - Active Directory

The best you can use is limit your domain admin account to the people that should be domain admins. Add a new custom group for each privilege that Active Directory allows you to have, and make users members of the groups they should be.