Security Basics mailing list archives

HTML/Java protection

From: "confusionvalley" <confusionvalley () netcabo pt>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:05:19 +0100

Hello all,
I'm interested in having an online game made with java but i would like to protect the .class from downloading it.
It's easy to get that .class and then decompile it and get the source code... basically it's just watch the html code
of the page that will load the .class and get the name of the class.
Then you just pick a download program and you get the .class. When you have the .class you decompile it and get the
source.
My objective is precisely protect this source code... at least for now... later i'm thinking in turning it open
source... but for now the idea is just protecting it.
Any idea to protect the file from foreign downloads ?

Best regards,
 Nuno