Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Plaxo

From: Murad Talukdar <talukdar_m () subway com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:28:25 +1000

Hi Joe,
Here's something I found on a blog
http://loosewire.typepad.com/blog/2004/03/does_plaxo_have.html
'More importantly, Plaxo does not contradict the basic idea here, namely
that there's no easy way to find out if Plaxo has your data, and there's no
easy way to remove it if they are.'

That I don't like personally. I also NEVER reply to any requests to update
my info. If they really need to get me, they will. I'm forever reminding
people to not load any crap like this--I had to fight to get the P word in
here, now everyone knows the boundaries. Maybe you could call it something
else-a little euphemism goes a long way when people resist!

Also, if you can't find something to remove it, then check the usual
suspects after uninstalling through add/remove ie registry-program files
etc.
Might be good to do a filemon/regmon when the program is running to see
where it turns up.

Murad