Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: I've passed the CISSP exam, few months back...Now what???

From: "Del Hundley" <hdm () atlanticnetwork net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:32:42 -0400

Hi Rami,

        It is a good test and you have proven several abilities through
passing it.  Now is the time for you to understand that if you were able to
pass the CISSP then you can use similar methods to do the actual job.  You
apply and get a job and then YOU must be briefed on the company (but you
have already done some research on the company right?) then you task
yourself with studying the business needs and match that with the security
risk tolerance and the policies and procedures that are in place.  Then you
begin to refine the policies and procedures to enhance the companies
protection while still delivering all required services and maintaining the
standards and good will in the IT team that supports you.  Your job will
consist of a lot of research and planning and testing but the CISSP is very
general in scope and is not a template for any company.  I hope this is
informative.  I don't have a CISSP but do the work of one just haven't taken
the time to take the classes and exam.

V/R

Del Hundley
Atlantic Network