Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: I've passed the CISSP exam, few months back...Now what???

From: Steven Kalcevich <lists () ciscokid net>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:26:10 -0400

I dont know if a book would help go on IRC and look for a 3177 hax0r group. or go to newsgroups. time to explore!! Join some groups and get involved.

rami9009 () hotmail com wrote:

I have passed the CISSP exam few month back. I have almost 14 years experience in the IT field, support, networking,
and routing.  I thought that adding security to this profile will be cool. . I prepared for it just like any other
exam; I read the right books, studied well and passed. The problem is that now few months later I feel that I have
forgot everything. I want to apply for a security consultant position, but I feel that I lack the confidence to fulfill
this position. What went wrong????
I am willing to devote time and effort to bridge the gap and rebuild this “Security skill set” but I don’t know where
to start or what book to read. Please guys advice!