Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Antivirus Comparison

From: <Lance.Druger () wellsfargo com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:02:21 -0500

Couldn't agree more, the read only type testing exists at
http://www.av-comparatives.org/ I wonder how many different viruses
/malware you could actively run before conflicts, bloat, and bad coding
brought your system down. (I know, it depends on the virus and malware)

I do wish they gave cleaning rates. Some AV are good at finding, but not
at fixing the malware they encounter.

I hadn't given much thought as to how good the enterprise management
tools are as I'm no longer doing admin work.

Lance Druger
(925) 674-7314