Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Todays dumb question

From: Kelly Lucas <lucaskeli () fastmail fm>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:30:39 -0700

Are you thinking of Tempest? Tempest is the word that defines technology related to limiting unwanted electromagnetic emissions from data processing and related equipment.

kdl

idd wrote:

There used to be a name for a technology (or way of implementing technology)
to prevent electronic eavesdropping.  I think it was along the lines of
fitting wire mesh into the walls of the building so that it would defeat
eavesdropping equipment.  And for the life of me I cannot remember what it
was called.
Apparently it was back in the 80's/early 90's and there may have been one or
two research projects on it.

Apologies for my stupidity, but I just can't find it.

Any ideas?
Many thanks,

--
Kelly D. Lucas