Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: -Old_Address- Todays dumb question

From: jayson.agagnier () aero bombardier com
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:01:18 -0400

Are you referring to a tempest room?

If so, the term has been supplanted by EMSEC (Emessions Security), google
either term and you'll be provided with a plethora of information, mostly
useful, some useless.

Regards,

-Jayson

                      "idd"

                      <idd@indepthdefenc        To:       <security-basics () securityfocus com>

                      e.plus.com>               cc:

                                                Subject:  -Old_Address- Todays dumb question

                      10/26/2005 02:45

                      PM

There used to be a name for a technology (or way of implementing
technology)
to prevent electronic eavesdropping.  I think it was along the lines of
fitting wire mesh into the walls of the building so that it would defeat
eavesdropping equipment.  And for the life of me I cannot remember what it
was called.
Apparently it was back in the 80's/early 90's and there may have been one
or
two research projects on it.

Apologies for my stupidity, but I just can't find it.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Ce courriel est envoyé à une ou plusieurs adresses courriels qui
seront désactivées le 16 décembre 2005.  Si ce courriel est bon,
veuillez informer l'expéditeur de votre nouvelle adresse.

This email is addressed to one or more addresses that will be
deactivated on Dec 16, 2005.  If this is legitimate email, you need
to inform the sender of your new address.

Ancienne adresses/Old addresses:
  <jayson.agagnier () notes canadair ca>