Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Help writing a back up script

From: "Terence Summers" <tsummers () infosecuritylab com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:00:33 +0200

Microsoft has a scheduler.
...running as a built-in Windows service since NT4. You may find the Scheduled Tasks folder under My Computer - Control Panel.

--- Justin <justinvinn () gmail com> wrote:

iliay,

Yes, thats what I would do if this was a *nix based system.

However, Juan (the person who asked the question), is not running
*nix. He's on Windows, which, as far as I know, doesn't have a
crontab.

Course, I could be dead wrong. Some one please correct me if I am :-P

peace,
--Justin
On 10/24/05, ilaiy <ilaiy.e () gmail com> wrote:
> > I'm not quite sure how to get this to run weekley (I've been on Linux
>

> You could place them in the crontab to run weekly ..
>
> ./thanks
> ilaiy
>
> On 10/23/05, Justin <justinvinn () gmail com> wrote:
> > Juan,
> >
> > You can do this eaisly by using a batch file. Just have it send the
> > needed FTP commands.
> >
> > I'm not quite sure how to get this to run weekley (I've been on Linux
> > so long that I don't remember that much about Windows),  but I'm sure
> > that there is a way.
> >
> > GL.
> >
> > peace,
> > --Justin
> >
> > On 10/20/05, Juan B <juanbabi () yahoo com> wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > I need to back up some data to remote ftp server on
> > > weekly basis.
> > >
> > > the local machine is xp. how can I write a script that
> > > logs in to the ftp ,deletes a a file in the ftp server
> > > and uploads the data?
> > >
> > > thans very much !
> > >
> > > Juan

---