Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hard drives v. CF/Smart media/etc.

From: FocusHacks <focushacks () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:49:49 -0500

My PDA has only an SD slot so it couldn't have read the SM card
anyways.  The SD card still works after using it in the reader.  The
reader was a cheapo IOGear or something.  My new one is a Sandisk
12-in-1.

This is getting pretty far off topic though.  To bring it back, I will
say that all else being the same, solid state storage is better than
magnetic or optical media if you wish to be able to erase sensitive
data completely.