Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: OS to know.

From: Curtis LaMasters <curtislamasters () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:57:45 -0800

I'm a Systems Administrator in the Marine Coprs so I can give you
insigt on the military section of the government.  We are currently
running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000 as our
typical server and desktop operating systems.  You will see some
instances of Red Hat Enterprise, Solaris, and BSD.  Our current
firewall choice is the Cyberguard Firewall Appliance.  As for routers
and switches we are 100 percent Cisco IOS.  The current standardized
os is 12.3x.  Hope that helps.

Curtis