Security Basics mailing list archives

seeking advice on how to research adware/spyware/identity theft software

From: nix1209 () yahoo com
Date: 9 Oct 2005 21:15:38 -0000

I am a student interested in pursuing research on adware/spyware/identity theft software (trojans/worms/virus in the
future). Kindly guide me as to how I can do so without compromising the security of my own computing resources.
What layers of defence should I have on my system, so that I can capture the infection without getting infected.
Moreover, can u suggest any books/tutorials/websites that would help me(as a beginner).
Thank You in advance for your time.