Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VALN hopping

From: "Joshua Berry" <JBerry () PENSON COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:03:41 -0500

VLAN's can certainly be bypassed as long as they are not setup properly.
@stake did a security review of VLAN's which can be found here:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca6000/tech/stake_wp.pdf

And cisco has their own documentation on it here:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca6000/prodlit/vlnwp_wp.p
df

These outline potential problems and their solutions.  I would be a
little skeptical if it was only Cisco doing the research into VLAN
exploitation but I am a little more comfortable since @stake did
research into it as well.