Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: Why NOT to disable Real Time Antivirus on Servers

From: Warren V Camp <wcamp () cox net>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:50:08 -0500

At minimum you need AV protection on your file and email servers. Email servers should be inspecting all incomming and
out going mail.

A new virus may strike and infect a PC before AV protect is available from the vendor.

How can you ensure that the AV safeguards on PCs are current and operating effectively in order to be certain that
servers won't be affected.