Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Why NOT to disable Real Time Antivirus on Servers

From: "Herbold, John W." <JWHERBOLD () arkbluecross com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 07:52:52 -0600

If your server is not protected, then over time one can deduce that your
server will get infected at some point with multiple virus and worms.  What
kind of performance hit will it be for that server to sit there and spew out
worms spam ect to all of your workstations, only to have each one of them
kill the same piece of code?  Not even to mention the downtime in cleaning
and the possible rebuilding of the server.

Thanks,

John