Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Why NOT to disable Real Time Antivirus on Servers

From: "RCS" <ramseycs () bellsouth net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 23:10:33 -0500

Are any laptops allowed into your environment?  A company I worked for in
the past had AV software on all workstations, and possibly on the servers
(Its been a while, I honestly dont remember), and they were infected by
users in the field bringing their laptops back into the office.   Laptops
used on the road can be an easy target if they cant/dont get AV updates for
a while, then get infected due to out of date virus definitions.

Dedric Ramsey
Ramsey Consulting Services