Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Why NOT to disable Real Time Antivirus on Servers

From: Micheal Espinola Jr <michealespinola () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:12:45 -0500

Based on real-world testing and application - I agree with your
colleague.  The performance hit is not worth it.  Even on powerful
servers on high-speed networks, myself and my users (when testing got
to that point) noticed a significant performance difference.

Sorry, no case study.  Just undocumented testing with Symantec
products.  I'd be interested to hear about anyone's testing with other
AV apps.