Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Doubt regarding Sec+

From: "Ivan ." <ivanhec () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:28:25 -0500

a good starter for the CISSP would be the SSCP

https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/content.cgi?category=1192

cheers
Ivan

On 19 Nov 2005 05:39:22 -0000, kota_44 () yahoo com <kota_44 () yahoo com> wrote:
HI All ,

I have a question regarding Security + exam .
I have a about an years experiance on working on Application Security and now to widen my security knowledge base and
also to get some relevant Security related certification under my belt
 I had a doubt of what to start of with so the first exam which many suggested is Sec+ but a large no of others gave
a feed back that this one
 aint having a good value now and not worth the Time and effort and better to start of with something like CEH .
But other suggested this as a good base for CISSP .
 So could you all who probably are familarized or taken Sec + can update me with pros/cons or why one should/ should
not take it and its current value and what can be a good alternative to start off if not Sec + .
Feed Back Appriciated