Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Trojan.Lodear.B/Trojan.Lodav.A

From: "dave kleiman" <dave () isecureu com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:06:27 -0500

Joe,

You might try the following it is quite detailed:

---------snip----------
We would like to introduce visitors to an exciting and valuable new resource
available at CastleCops called the Malware Removal and Prevention procedure.
This procedure is designed to enable users to either partially, or fully
clean their systems without the direct aid of an expert. It provides
instructions on how to perform a series of antispyware, antivirus and
antitrojan scans, as well as, run a system cleaning utility. The generalized
scanners we recommend are intended to address a broad spectrum of malware
including adware, spyware, trojans, viruses, and browser hijackers. Soon it
will become standard practice for all HijackThis (HJT) posters to perform
malware removal before posting a HJT log. The ideas and suggestions of
numerous staff members have contributed to the development of the final
product. We even took a staff poll to decide on a name but such catchy
monikers such as "Purging the Parasites" and "Zapping the Crap' were
rejected in favor of the humdrum but more descript Malware Removal and
Prevention (MRP).

Malware removal and prevention procedure:
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Introduction

More information about it (continued...):
http://castlecops.com/a6341-Malware_Removal_and_Prevention_Procedure.html

And, if it is not successful you can utilize the CastleCops HJT forum.  Both
are free!!

Regards,

Dave