Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Are there any pocketable Hardware Password Vaults

From: Kaushik <kaushik () gamebox net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:55:31 +0530

For a USB  based solution look up
www.redcannon.com
They have an interesting product.

regards
kaushik

I'm wondering if anyone out there knows if there is a product that serves as a pocketable password vault? I'm thinking something like a PCMCIA card that has an LCD (touch)screen that can securely store all of my passwords and maybe interfaces through a PCMCIA port to allow for password management. I've seen a number of my co-workers store their passwords on encrypted ASCII files on their PDAs, but that seems a bit clunky to me. The USB options are closer to what I'm looking for, but if I need my ATM pin number or some offline password, I would need a PC to look up the info. Again, clunky. Writing the passwords down on a piece of paper and carrying them around is a little too insecure for me.

Thanks in advance.