Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Are there any pocketable Hardware Password Vaults

From: Andre Ludwig <andre.ludwig () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 13:32:32 -0500

http://usahero.com/products/security-tools/password-manager.html

Think that is what you are looking for...

Andre

On 11/9/05, CK <ltxtreme () gmail com> wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone out there knows if there is a product that
serves as a pocketable password vault?  I'm thinking something like a
PCMCIA card that has an LCD (touch)screen that can securely store all of
my passwords and maybe interfaces through a PCMCIA port to allow for
password management.  I've seen a number of my co-workers store their
passwords on encrypted ASCII files on their PDAs, but that seems a bit
clunky to me.  The USB options are closer to what I'm looking for, but
if I need my ATM pin number or some offline password, I would need a PC
to look up the info.  Again, clunky.  Writing the passwords down on a
piece of paper and carrying them around is a little too insecure for me.

Thanks in advance.