Security Basics mailing list archives

DNS and DHCP appliances

From: Luis Fernandez <lafernandez () matchmind es>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 09:02:50 +0100

        Hello,

        Las week I have been in a Infoblox presentation, and I think this
products are like an beta implementation of a Bind 9 and DHCP from ISC
precompiled in a propietary Linux distribution. One of the major issues
that I could see is that this appliance dont keep consistency between
the zones and the reverse zones, it should be done by the administrator;
I think this is a MUST in an appliance for that price (M$ DNS for
example, has that characteristic, some frontends for Bind too). Have you
probe these appliances? Which other appliances like this (DNS/DHCP)
would you recomend?

        Regards.