Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network abuse report

From: Emmanuel Goldstein <goldstein101 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 07:42:51 +0200

Oh Come on!, they're just port scans. You cannot avoid people scanning
your network, that's why you should try to improve your security every
single day. And don't think they are specificly scanning your network
'cause many people scan millions of hosts everyday, eg: security audit
companies or people doing network security masters...

Whether you like it or not, port scanning is not ilegal. Don't go
around reporting those really dangerous "Network abuses" ;-P