Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Preventing Copy/ Paste

From: Alexander Klimov <alserkli () inbox ru>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:47:02 +0200 (IST)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, amandeep Singh wrote:
I was wondering if there is any way by which we can prevent the
copy/paste option from a system., or we could restrict it for some
authorized people.

Systems which enforce MAC have this feature, e.g., "When you perform a
drag-and-drop or copy-and-paste operation between files with different
labels, the Trusted Solaris environment displays a confirmation dialog
box if you are permitted to change the label or, if you are not
permitted, the Trusted Solaris environment bars the transaction.",
but AFAIK there is no such thing under windows.

I guess it is easy to write a simple program which will clear
clipboard 10 times a second, but this will inhibit all copy-pasting.

--
Regards,
ASK