Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: anonymous irc connection via shell?

From: "Michael LaSalvia" <mike () genxweb net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:57:47 -0500

This is extremely easy the process is called a bnc (aka bouncer) this
application allows them to use the reverse dns of a host that is running
on to mask their true host. Most common bouncers are psybnc. The cost of
these accounts range from a few bucks up to maybe around 20.00 depending
on the quality of the host. If you want to set one up your self you will
just need to have control over your ptr records (most isps will not
allow this). I suggest you use google to find hosts of this service.