Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Wireless Keyboard Security

From: "Beauford, Jason" <jbeauford () EightInOnePet com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:08:50 -0500

Firstly,  Eve needs to get a life.

Although the scenario is certainly plausible, the range must quite close
(I believe) in order to capture those radio waves, something like 6'
maybe.  I would tend to think it's a lot easier to purchase a hardware
keystroke logger and drop it on the back of Alice's PC where it would
not be noticed as opposed to coming in with a laptop with some big dish
antennae on it.

Plausible - certainly, easy to pull off without getting caught - not so
easy.

Required expertise - I have no idea.

jmb