Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ITT a good ISS school to attend?

From: Joseph Forbes <jftitan () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:30:27 -0600

Good News Curtis!

  As one of my past experiences was when I was going to ITT Tech.
unfortunately I was in Texas, thus limiting my ability to continue
onto a 4 year degree through ITT. There are Pros and Cons with ITT,
which you'll see quite abit of Cons at ITTsucks.com.  But a positive,
while I was going to ITT, was that I did encounter knowledgable
instructors. But unfortunately I didn't get any worthy instructors
until the final 3 quarters at ITT.   A major change has recently taken
ITT, that required them to change where they get there books from. ITT
used to have their books written and published by NIIT, which is known
to be a inside outsourced company for ITT based in india.  Most of the
tests sucked, but if the instructor was good, they acutally used
his/her own test, which in particular the custom tests are always
better than the NIIT prewritten tests.

 Alot of changes are taking in effect at ITT lately which may improve
the quality of the education, but this change is also going to effect
the tuition as well. One thing I noticed with the first quarter
students, during my last (8th) quarter, was that ITT was getting nazi
when it came to attendance.  I was told it was because of the Texas
Workforce Commission which was enforcing the rules.

  personally, I would recommend ITT for anyone just getting out of
highschool, but never for anyone already in the IT field. You'll learn
more from other forms of education (unless your employeer is willing
to cover your expense) I wouldn't goto ITT.  My experience was good,
but I still have reservations about the quality of education I
received.