Security Basics mailing list archives

Sequence of numbers in a hacker provided script

From: Eric Ayers <ericzundel () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:00:28 -0800 (PST)

A hacker infiltrated our (Linux) system and left a script behind.
In the script there is a name and a numeric sequence.  What does
this numeric sequence mean?

#!/bin/bash
#
# cleaner - by (The hacker's alias) [38.24.8888]
#
# Usage: ./cleaner 'your login name or any string'

I should clarify that I didn't actually find this script on my system,
I found it on a website he was using to host his tools.  The hacker
did install some kind of IRC bomb (mirkforce) to attack a remote site,
so I thought it might somehow be related to IRC.