Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: UK CISSP resources

From: "Clement Dupuis" <cdupuis () cccure org>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:00:34 -0500

Good day Cam,

The CISSP was initially a VERY US centric certification.  Only in the past 3
to 4 years have we seen office being opened in London and the Asian region.
It is now slowly becoming recognized worldwide.  This is probably why you do
see so many sites in the US.  In my case it is a site hosted in the US even
thou I am located in Canada, simply because of better hosting packages that
are available.

Being in the UK you should have no problem finding a place to get training
as there are regular seminars in the region.   You should contact the London
office of ISC2 to see what is being offered in the region.  Another option
is doing the studies on your own if you are discipline enough to set aside
the time and maintain your study plan.

You are correct; there is a whole industry that has developed behind the
certification just like any other certification that exists out there.  Do
your shopping and pick carefully.  Your mileage might vary.

A quick search on monster.co.uk for CISSP comes up with 32 jobs where CISSP
is required or an advantage.  I guess there are quite a few employers in
your region that consider it on their job offer.

As far as CISSP sites that looks terrible, I guess you must include mine as
well at www.cccure.org, myself I do not care one bit about the look but a
lot more about its content.  If the wrapping is more important for you than
the content, it is very sad to hear.  You should at least take the time to
properly evaluate what is behind the horrible layouts.  You might find a few
pleasant surprises.

As far as advert, this is what allows site maintainer to keep their site
totally free for you the person getting ready and studying to become a
CISSP.  I am not speaking for the other CISSP web site out there but in my
case using advertiser allow my to pay the bandwidth for the dedicated server
that I am using and allow me to NOT charge any access fee or require stupid
login to access any of the resources offered.  The site is totally open and
free of charge and this is how I intend to maintain it.

Best regards and good luck in your studies.

Clement
Maintainer of the CISSP and SSCP Open Study Guides web site
http://www.cccure.org