Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Restricting Incoming Email in Exchange by From Address

From: Greg Jones <grjones () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:06:00 -0400

That's exactly it.  The Brandon Lockhart email was good (using
sendmail or qmail gateway to block it there).  But I wonder if this is
possible in Exchange.

Greg

On 6/22/05, Gaddis, Jeremy L. <jlgaddis () ivytech edu> wrote:
I think some of you may be misunderstanding what the OP is wanting.

To clarify, I believe he wants to configure Exchange so that it will not
accept mail from outside servers that say it's from hisdomain.com.  I could
be wrong here, but that's what I gathered.  This would force users to send
e-mail directly through the Exchange server (either via Outlook or OWA).  A
user with a 3rd-party mail client connecting to 25/TCP from home would not
be able to send e-mail to an Exchange recipient with a From: address of
their work domain.

-j

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis   <jlgaddis () ivytech edu>
Special Projects Manager