Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: ANTIVIRUS and FIREWALL leaders?

From: "List Account" <list.account () cerdant com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:31:13 -0400

Try www.icsa.net

Nathan Grandbois
Cerdant, Inc.
614.717.0123 ext. 26

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexis Villagra - VILSOL LatinAmerica [mailto:alexis () vilsol com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:07 PM
To: security-basics
Subject: ANTIVIRUS and FIREWALL leaders?

Dear List,

Where can we get information about the best ANTIVIRUS and
FIREWALLs in the market, not the ones with most marketing, the
ones with the best feautures. I mean I would like to have
independent reports, also comes the question which reports are
independent that we can trust, as you know many vendors pay to
be evaluated to some of these companies that do research and
publications. I hope not to disturb anybody, but i really
would like to know with your help which vendors offer the best
technologies, i am very interested to have reports that
validate and offer a ranking for ANTIVIRUS & FIREWALL vendors.

As a list of people who share knowledge and technology I think
that this information could be very helpful for all of us but
I want to emphatize that we must be very careful to validate
that reports and companies that create these are 100%
independent or at least near that.

Best regards,
Alexis Villagra