Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: program to store passwords

From: Times Enemy <times () krr org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:49:50 -0700

Greetings.

I too use Password Safe, and i like it very much.

http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/

As Daniel mentioned, this nifty little tool can be used on a USB drive, or a floppy even. One nice method is Password Safe, in an encrypted PGP disk. No install required.

For a while, i had a "password computer," which was ... either vmware or virtual pc that had an encrypted PGP volume, within which was my Password Safe files. I ended up needing the computer for something else, not sure what, but have since taken a few steps back into reality.

Either way, Password Safe is worth checking out.

.times enemy

Daniel McC wrote:

I like Password Safe by Bruce Schneier.  Its pretty easy to use and
manage mulitple passwords.  I keep it on my jump drive for a little
physical security also.
http://www.schneier.com/passsafe.html

Daniel