Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: web server chacking.

From: dallas jordan <dallas.jordan () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:28:13 -0500

Juan,
   I think nessus is one good tool you could use.  I think you could
also use Nikto.  It scans for many vulnerabilities in web servers.
Both of these may already come on some bootable linux distros.  I know
nessus is pretty standard, but I'm not sure about nikto.

www.nessus.org
http://www.cirt.net/code/nikto.shtml