Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ftp server windows

From: matt <matt () learnsecurityonline com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:24:11 +0100

Beleive it or not, IIS's ftp service has actually had a relatively good track record as far as public exploits are concerned, compared
to some of the shareware/free utilities like serv-u.

I do not beleive there have been any reported problems in the FTP service for a few years, of course perform the usual tasks such
as disabling anon etc.

Regards

Matt
Learn Security Online, Inc.

* Security Games           * Simulators
* Challenge Servers       * Courses
* Hacking Competitions  * Hacklab Access

http://www.learnsecurityonline.com

Leon wrote:

Does anyone know of a good ftp sever for windows with
a good security track record.  WS_FTP is out because
of the last vuln where not only did they not address
the issue when it was posted on bugtraq but it took
them close to 3 weeks to come up with a patch.

I have been told about serv-u and bulletproof.  Are
there any others that I should be aware of (with a
good history any can google ftp server windows).

Thanks

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs