Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ftp server windows

From: Kevin Reiter <tux () penguinnetwerx net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:26:10 -0400

Leon wrote:
Does anyone know of a good ftp sever for windows with
a good security track record.  WS_FTP is out because
of the last vuln where not only did they not address
the issue when it was posted on bugtraq but it took
them close to 3 weeks to come up with a patch.

I have been told about serv-u and bulletproof.  Are
there any others that I should be aware of (with a
good history any can google ftp server windows).

I'd forget Serv-U, as they don't have the best track record.  You can also
view the Whoppix video of a Serv-U exploit in action.

You might want to check out FileZilla Server at Sourceforge - it's free,
supports SSL and SSH (sFTP) and from what I've read, has a good track
record of patching vulerabilities quickly.

hth
-k