Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: IDS

From: "Gaddis, Jeremy L." <jlgaddis () ivytech edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:12:20 -0500

Hi Rene,

I also like ntop (http://www.ntop.org/).  If you run this on an
interface that's plugged into a spanned port (I'm guessing you can,
since you're already running Snort), you can see, at a glance, the
"bandwidth hogs" at any given time.  It helps for identifying PCs that
are sending large amounts of traffic when they shouldn't be.

-j

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis   <jlgaddis () ivytech edu>
Special Projects Manager