Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: A different kind of security problem?

From: "Alan Greig" <Alan.Greig () Ogilvie co uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:38:12 +0100

Hello Keenan,

When you say the network that supports your VOIP traffic do you have a
VOIP solution that has  a number of IP Endpoints and a main VOIP server
/ switch that offers connection to the traditional telephone network or
are all of your endpoints hooked into some form of pay on use VOIP
network? If its the latter have you mentioned the music to the provider?
If it's the former what level of logging is available on the main VOIP
switch in that can you ascertain which endpoints were involved in the
calls?

Alan