Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: HELP NEEDED - Security Certifications

From: "Brunner, Mark" <MBrunner () tor fasken com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:32:02 -0400

Secure Enterprise Magazine has a good article comparing various certs in July edition.
You can see it online.  Might help explain the purpose of all of those bloody acronyms...

http://nwc.securitypipeline.com/howto/164302968

Cheers,
Mark

                     "AMOL SABLE"

                     <amol.sable              To:      <security-basics () securityfocus com>

                     @capsilon.com>           cc:

                                              Subject: HELP NEEDED - Security Certifications

                     07/08/2005 02:28

                     AM

Hi folks,
I'm looking for a good security certification .
I have searched through numerous sites,seen a few comparisons as well. But
still I think I need a word of advice from experienced security people, so
posting this messege.

The points to be taken into account:
1)I had some security training but don't have any global certification.
2)I'm working in the field of Infosec for a little less than a year.
3)I'm willing to go for a series of certs in a longer run.
4)I cant take my concetration off my work while preparing.
5)Main areas of my interests in IS include: Vulnerability assessment,Pen
testing,Forensics and packet analysis etc...

I had a look at these : ISC2>SSCP,
GIAC>GISF,SSP-MPA,GCIH,GHTQ,GSEC,GCFA,G7799 etc.

Your thoughts and Suggestions are precious for me.

Thanks and regards.
--Amol.