Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Help understanding NMAP results

From: "forums () kentane net" <forums () kentane net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:12:09 +0200 (SAST)

Theo
I have experienced something similar here. I am in South Africa, and we have a serious shortage of bandwidth here.
Actually, it's just damn expensive. So what a lot of ISPs do is to have a transparent proxy. What I have seen from the
ISP my previous company was using is that for every port scan that I did to my clients, port 80 was always open. It
turns out that it was caused by a transparent proxy. This could be what you're experiencing

My 2c

Ciao