Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Packet sniffers

From: "Roger A. Grimes" <roger () banneretcs com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:09:33 -0500

I wrote a summary article detailing the pros and cons as I saw them over
the 6 most popular sniffers.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/42922/42922.html

www.windowsitpro.com has a few dozen articles on sniffers besides mine.

Check www.packet-level.com for books and ebooks on sniffing.

http://www.packet-level.com/books.htm

Roger

***
*Roger A. Grimes, Banneret Computer Security, Computer Security
Consultant
*CPA, CISSP, MCSE: Security (NT/2000/2003/MVP), CNE (3/4), CEH, CHFI
*email: roger () banneretcs com
*cell: 757-615-3355
*Author of Malicious Mobile Code:  Virus Protection for Windows by
O'Reilly
*http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/malmobcode
*Author of Honeypots for Windows (Apress)
*http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=281
****