Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Roger's last comment on changing Port defaults

From: yonesy <yonesy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:31:39 -0500

Nice write-up.  It makes sense, analogous to the medieval way of
protecting precious treasures inside castles.  The problem that I
encounter often-times with clients is that they would like to conduct
business on standard ports (sometimes not knowing how to configure an
application to do otherwise).  I fall in your 75%, so you can also
call me a 75-percenter; Good luck with your doors!!!

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:25:33 -0500, Roger A. Grimes