Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Books for pen-testing.

From: Michael Gale <michael.gale () bluesuperman com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:38:47 -0700

Hello,

Just an FYI --- between the Linux distributions, there is not much difference between security. You find it more education to compare a basic / bare-bones Linux distro to other OS, like Linux to BSD to AIX to Solaris and if you dare Windows.

Michael.

Lars Georg Paulsen wrote:
Hi List.
I'm a student taking my last semester for a Bachlor degree in
information technology. In the end of this semester I'm going to write a
term-paper on security in different Linux Distributions. I was thinking that I want to do a pen-test, check out local security, and what kind of security option the different distrubutions has. I'm now looking for books that covers these topics. or whitepapers on the web.
regards
Lg