Security Basics mailing list archives

Help me

From: Tran Nguyen Vu <tran.vunguyen () gmail com>
Date: 21 Feb 2005 11:20:01 -0000

Dear all,
I have a problem and i dont know how to explain.
Last month, my ISP give our company a report about the capacity download and upload, It was about 47GB.
The problem is my isa server has logged at about 7GB data down/upload.
When I asked them explain this great unequal capacity they said that although My isa firewall prevented almost requests
from the untrust network (so this request was not included in capacity logfile and only 7GB was allowed),their server
logged all requests to my router and firewall from the other local Loop  . It mean, there are 40GB data of requests
that  not except (attack, scan ping ...) in a month.
So I make some caculation, every second, there are 16035 byte attack (I call "attack" because I was not allowed.
Everybody help me explain this situation. I know, A request does not have big capacity and my ISA server was not logged
any attack!

Please help me. (sorry because of my english!)
Thanks in advance.