Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: regaridng security certifications

From: Emilio Casbas <ecasbas () unav es>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:44:19 +0100

sharket wrote:

Amol Chaudhari wrote:

Hello All,
 I am a beginner in security field and i want to make my career in this field.
i have completed my bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering and
right now working on EJBs and xsl, xml, javascript as a product
engineer.
so for entering security field i am planning to do few cerifications.
and to start with i am planning for brainbench's internet security and
network security certifications. after that i am planning to do GSEC.
i searched for books and resources for brainbench certifications,
but unable to get any info.
can anybody help on this?
thanks in advance.
Regards,
Amol.
(INDIA)

Hello Amol,

This is Spanish interested also in securty stuff, there are so many
certifications about security, at least depends on which things you want
to learn, i'm planning to start to studing some too, what do you want to
start by?,

I'm Spanish student and next year i'll get in Computer's college here,
but i'm working actually really hard with computer stuff.

I hope we could make the certifications exam's soon :))

Best Regards,

Rubén Moreno

I think what the best is having experienced in varied areas such as, administration system, programming, network troubleshootting, security networks, and more. This experienced only can be reached working, after you have any experienced years in these areas, you can see
security certifications in order to improve your knowledges.
As well, you can participate as voluntary in open security projects in the way as you can.

Regards

--
Emilio C.