Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Program to monitor employee internet usage

From: Jakub Zvěřina <barbucha () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 22:49:17 +0100

The software you're looking for is a proxy server. It has acces logs, you can limit anything - content, speed, there are groups, say who can do what, you can make it transparent, so no one doesn't have to notice that anything has changed. The best I've experiences with is squid. And there are many programs doing analysis of it's logs for the reports.