Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Access viewer

From: John Patota <john.patota () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:09:05 -0500

First of all, why do you think someone may be accessing your computer?
Are files missing or tampered with? is your antivirus telling you that
you may have a rootkit?

Are there any unauthorized processes running
(http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html) or
starting up (http://www.sysinternals.com/utilities/autoruns.html). Are
these programs phoning home?
(http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html)

do you have a root kit?
http://www.sysinternals.com/utilities/rootkitrevealer.html

These are the tools I usually use in determining such things. Im
interested in hearing from other people what they use.