Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ssh tunneling to bypass web proxy rules

From: William Hile <while () griff-n-gwyn com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 05:23:37 -0700 (PDT)

The only way to actually stop this would be to block outbound SSH completely. As long as this person has a shell account that accepts SSH he can tunnel basically anything through there. As far as telling you how that would depend on the SSH client side... there are several ways to do it... But to stop him just block outbound SSH.

William Hile, CCSA, CCSE