Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Enterprise level firewall selection

From: "Naren" <naren () pactech net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:49:41 +0800

From: Naren
To: Vijay Vikram ; Yvonne McInally
Cc: Javier Larrea Jaspe ; sumeet_nagar () hotmail com ;
security-basics () securityfocus com
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: Enterprise level firewall selection

You should take a look at Common Criteria, where firewalls are compared more
objectively.

The most favored are, as certified by Common Criteria and standardised
atleast in this part of the world - are Borderware / Steelgate, Cyberguard
and Sidewinder.

Common criteria evaluates based on more specific security architecture.

True application level firewall is considered safe and more resilient, vs
any SPI / Cut through proxies.

Naren

T. Naren - Dip M, CCDA,
Certified Engineer - Watchguard and Borderware
Certified Sales Expert - Watchguard
Technical Manager - Pactech (http://www.pactech.net)
#07-02, Blk 211, Henderson Road, Singapore 159552,
Tel: +65-62711123, Fax: +65-62703919
Emaill: naren () pactech net Mobile: +65-90044249
----- Original Message ----- From: Vijay Vikram