Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Help me remember the name of a software

From: Larry Offley <lucullus () telus net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:38:14 -0700

http://www.mavensecurity.com/achilles

Achilles does all you ask if I remeber correctly. I used it for a few of the challenges on hackthissite.org

basically you set it up as a proxy on you machine and then configure your web browser to use it as a proxy. It then aloows you to controll the http session and modify posts/gets referer and agent values. It might also offer scripting.

Larry Offley

Gonçalo Gomes wrote:

Well,
Sometime ago I was told about a program whose name I don't recall. It
was a program that could be used to do web debugging (and among other
things help in pen tests/website auditing) and I forgot it's name. The
features of this program I was told about were like:

- Possibility to modify POST/GET variables, issue POSTS/GETS, etc.
- Possibility to control cookies, referers, etc
- Possibility to script macros to do all this dynamicly

Well, I know I am being very generic and not giving many in-depth
ideas about how this program is like but I don't know because I
entirely forgot the name and therefore haven't been able to try it
out.

I also have this feeling that it was a software for Windows. I am
looking for something similar, regardless of operating system though.

Any help/sugestions on this subject will be kindly appreciated

Cheers