Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hardening Windows 2003 Server and Exchange Server

From: Sagiko <sagiko () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:42:21 +0800

hi,
Yup the windows 2003 security guide is the primary source you should
look at. Download the zip package from microsoft and they includes a
number of sample security templates which tailer for different roles
which the 2003 server will be used as, such as domain controller,
bastion host etc. The Security guide has detailed steps on modifying
and implementing this templates. (serveral clicks away as usual).

BTW just a reminder that sometimes the security templates are so
detailed and if the application running on the server was not
developed in a similar hardened environment. Various tricky small
issues will be appear here and there.

regards,
Rick Zhong Liming

Welcome to SINgapore <IN>FOSECurity Interest Group at:
www.sinfosec.org